Become A Climate Champion!
CLIMATE CHANGE COURSE DESCRIPTION:
Climate Change, Global Warming and the Greenhouse effect are the biggest issues we face in the world today. This course considers the rate of climate change, and what we must do to adapt our philosophies, economics, and lifestyle to reduce carbon emissions. At the end of the day it is about taking responsibility and looking after the Earth which sustains our very lives.
CLIMATE CHANGE COURSE CONTENT :
1. Earth’s Long History – In this lesson we will discuss the immense history of the Earth and the natural cycles of changing climate.
2. Climate and Weather – This lesson will cover basic information about the differences between climate and weather, and how our civilisation is climate dependent.
3. Greenhouse Gases – The lesson looks at the evidence and origin of increasing anthropogenic greenhouse gases.
4. The Greenhouse Effect – In this lesson you will learn about the Greenhouse Effect, the global Carbon Cycle and the relationships with climate change.
5. Physical Impacts of Climate Change – We will look at the range of physical impacts, including; sea level rise, increasing average global temperature, droughts, wildfires and other extreme weather events.
6. Social Impacts of Climate Change – This lesson covers questions like; What happens to people when sea levels rise? Which countries will suffer drought, wildfires, and greater spread of diseases, and what will happen to agriculture.
7. What You Can Do – The final lesson in the course looks at ‘mitigation and adaptation’ and what you can do to reduce global warming.